The dress code is important because it allows the teachers to view alignment and positioning of the body to prevent injury and perfect the lines created. The students feel like dancers when they are dressed like dancers, and this creates a feeling of unity among the dancers. We do enforce our dress code so please send your child dressed appropriately for class.
- Girls’ Ballet — Pink tights, black leotard (any style), pink ballet shoes. Pointe shoes professionally fitted at a dance wear store for students who have been approved by ballet faculty to start pointe classes. (Intermediate/Advanced students are allowed to wear colored leotards.)
- Boys’ Ballet — White t-shirt and black tights or bike shorts, and appropriate shoes listed above.
- Jazz and Contemporary — Black jazz pants (any length or style), any color of leotard, black jazz shoes (no jazz sneakers). Bare feet for contemporary.
For All Classes:
- NO skirts, legwarmers, t-shirts, sweatshirts, or any cover-up should be worn in class unless teacher specifically permits it due to temperature of classroom or an injury that needs special attention.
- Do not purchase leotards with skirts attached.
- No bearing of mid-riff in any class.
- DO NOT wear panties underneath tights or leotards.
Hair should be worn in a bun, French twist, or any style where hair is secured to head. For short hair, secure hair away from face with headband or clips. If you need instruction of how to do a bun, faculty will be happy to show you.